Learn About Entrepreneurship & Startup Culture in Berlin and Munich
Duration: 05.08. - 24.08.2018
German Classes: ✓
Startups & Company Visits: ✓
Free time: ✓
Benefits: 5 ECTS Credits, Certificate
Price: 1950,- EUR
- Intensive Summer School program in Berlin and Munich
- Berlin: 5th -18th August/Munich: 18th - 24th August 2018
- Three weeks with a variety of economic, political and cultural courses and activities
- Specially organized company and industry visits
- Discussions with decision makers and experts
- Practical project works with academic background taught by experienced professors
- Culture and Leisure Activities and German language classes
- Opportunity to receive credit points for your achievements
Our summer school is open to undergraduate and graduate students with English proficiency (no German skills required) who are interested in German start up and working culture (minimum age of 18 years).
August 5th - 24th 2018
Choose to live in a single room or a shared dorm, which we have reserved for all participants, or arrange your own accommodation.
Cost per Person (20 Nights)
Single Room en suite
Double Room en suite
Shared Room en suite (4 Beds)
*Including breakfast/prices are set by the hostel and may change
The fees of 1950,- EUR* include tuition and application fees, study visits, health, accident and liability insurance, public transport in central Berlin and Munich and most parts of the culture and leisure time program.
Registration from February 1st until May 15th 2018
*This turnover is tax exempt according to § 4 Nr. 21 a+b UStG (German turnover tax law).
Start Up Culture & Digital Transformation in Germany
If you are interested in Germany‘s start up and working culture, if you want to gain insights into industrial and economic companies in the two vibrant cities Berlin and Munich and if you know that business contacts in Germany are important for your career, then the Summer School Berlin and Munich at Hochschule Fresenius is exactly the right choice for you!
Acquire the theoretical and practical basics of entrepreneurship and startup management in the digital economy of Germany. Find out how the essentials of entrepreneurial mindsets and entrepreneurial behaviour work as preconditions for sustainably successful action in the startup environment as well as in existing organizations.
Within the Summer School program, you will possess the necessary competence to develop viable business models, write and evaluate your own business plans in the frame of digital economy and experience the real and vibrant startup scene of Germany.
Program Topics may include
- Start Up Culture and Digital Transformation in Germany
- Doing Business in Germany
- German Economic Landscape
- Visiting upcoming startups and global players
- Expert talks
- German Language and Working Culture
- Berlin and Munich: Analyzing and Exploring two vibrant Cities
One the Experts and Lecturers
Prof. Dr. Richard C. Geibel
Prof. Geibel is an expert in the field of digital management and entrepreneurship. Since 2012 he is dean of the master program Digital Management and also head of the Competence Center Entrepreneurship at Hochschule Fresenius in Cologne. Prof. Geibel studied Computer Sciences at RWTH Aachen, did his doctorate in Business Administration at University of Cologne in Germany and worked as a research scientist at Sloan School from MIT in the US. Beside his employment at Hochschule Fresenius Mr. Geibel is also a manager and business angel in the startup incubator STARTPLATZ where he supports young entrepreneurs with his solid knowledge and broad network.